This is an introductory workshop that will cover a range of inexpensive photo editing software tools. The class will survey several solutions but we will focus in on Adobe “Lightroom” including add-in software such as Silver Efex Pro.
INSTRUCTOR : Mike Browna
FEE : $45.00 ……… (25.00 for current paid Members FREE for Current Paid Contributors and Benefactors)
Please keep your RSVP up to date to help us with event planning and costs
We will cover using Lightroom to organize, edit, adjust, and output images. This hands on workshop will start with students importing digital images, organizing them using Lightroom’s easy file catalog system. From there, we will utilize Lightroom’s developing capabilities to make basic adjustments like color balance, exposure, contrast, and basic retouching. we will even cover my favorite – converting to Black and White.
As the final step in our workflow, we will learn to output images for various purposes such as printing, emails, slide shows, and websites.
NOTE: We will not cover Photoshop …… we most definitely have an “agenda” which is to introduce digital photographers to easy and accessible tool so we will focus on the incredible Adobe Lightroom software.
WORKSHOP AGENDA :
========== TOPICS COVERED =========
• Overview of simple, affordable photo editing tools
• Overview of Lightroom (why it is “the best” )
• Details on Each major Module we will learn about:
• LIBRARY – import, organize, edit your work
• DEVELOP – basic adjustment + Black and White conversion
• SLIDESHOW – make and export basic slideshows
• PRINT – export for fine art printing
• Q&A plus on-going support
• bring your camera and USB cables to the workshop and have 5 images that you would like to work on in the class.
• bring your laptop computer with Lightroom installed.